Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Contentment with the mundane.... Home Improvement Edition

As of late it seems that my life has become more and more normal. I noticed it this morning while watching and episode of Home Improvement, a 90's sitcom staring Tim Allen in case you forgot, on TBS. I realized that I had seen the episode at least 3 times in the last 4 or 5 months. I then began to think about my life. Every week is exactly the same. Monday and Tuesday I get up turn on the T.V. and watch my 2 episodes of Home Improvement before heading to work. Wednesday I do the church thing. Thursday, my one chance for adventure, I wake up late and talk about doing something awesome then lay around all day thinking about the great outdoors. Friday is an all day snoozefest. I sit at the Pool store for 8 hours and wait for possible customers. Saturday I wake up and do it again for half a day. Then its home for an afternoon of football and house cleaning. Sunday I'm back at church. Then its time to rinse and repeat.
Have I grown content with life? Am I at the point where I'm ok with doing the same thing over and over again. There was a time in my life where I could not stand the mundane any longer and had to get out. Maybe its time for a real change. Maybe I should move. Will the contentment follow me there? Who knows.
My life has been an adventure so far, and I don't want that to end.
Home Impovement is a fantastic show, it went down hill after J.T.T. left, but the show is a perfect example of how doing the same thing over and over again won't ever bring happiness, or good ratings. (insert cheap humor here)
Contentment isn't a bad thing. I should be happy to be alive and healthy. To have friends, and a family that loves me. Is that enough? Who really knows.
Be Happy and Watch Home Improvement at 11 on TBS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow, i can't believe you would openly dis home improvement online. i think about you every monday and wednesday when i watch it during lunch. haha! hate i missed you last night, but hopefully we'll catch up soon
C DUB